Thursday 20 September 2007

What I loved by Siri Hustvedt - Book cover



When I saw this cover, my thoughts immediately went to a sex in the city style novel, but from the reviews I have read this is not exactly how it is. Geraldine Bedell writing in the Observer said "Her characters inhabit a rarefied world of SoHo art galleries and universities and are so preoccupied with interpreting their lives that you wonder how they manage to live them." This is not what I would instantly link with the cover art, however I can see that it does have a certain reflective element about it. I do like the style and way that the title has been incorporated into the artwork, however, from what I have found out it doesn't lead you into the story as well as some of the other covers I have mentioned.

No comments: