Saturday 8 September 2007

Raise Them on Robinsons



I remember commenting on this TV advert (above) on Holly’s Blog just after it had come out. At the time I thought that it was a very clever way of marketing their drinks to children, but bypassing all the new legislation and laws that have been put in place to prevent this. The “Raise them on Robinsons” line is indicative of a parental audience, as is the website contents and the placement of the press ads. On the other hand if you took out this line and replaced the nutritional information on the website with a game or picture to colour, it would look anything but out of place.



My cynicism aside, I do really like this campaign. It has a fresh feeling to both the graphics and the music surrounding it. At the time when the first TV advert was released, the press ads and website had still to be launched. Now that they have you can see that throughout this has been a well thought out and planned campaign. It defiantly feels like it belongs together as all the components serve to remind you of another. My personal favourite is the No artificial colourings adverts shown bellow. It such a simple way of doing it, yet it makes you smile and draws attention to the point well. Overall I have to say I admire the Robinson’s campaign for finding it’s way round what could otherwise be a very difficult problem. I wonder if we will see more companies being forced approach marketing this way in the future.






No comments: