Saturday 8 September 2007

Elemore Leonard UK book covers


These are book covers designed by Tim Marrs for Elmore Leonard’s UK released books. They stood out when I was looking round a bookshop at the various covers, not because they were the most modern, nor because they were the most innovative. These stand out because of the attention and detail that has obviously gone into their creation.

I have not actually read any of the books myself so can’t vouch for if they are designed to specifically relate to the plot. However, given the differences between the covers I think it’s fair to assume that they are. These illustrations are of a style that is quite popular with a number of artists, yet they are well considered and created, and also very appropriate for the type of crime and mystery genre that Elmore Leonard writes in.

The illustrators personal website is also something I want to mention. It is a well-designed portfolio; its not too complicated, but everything from the page list to the background shows part of his individual style. If you are interested in illustration, it my be worth looking at. http://www.timmarrs.co.uk/

No comments: