Saturday 8 September 2007

Shrek Three


Shrek 3 as the title suggests, is the latest instalment of this Disney Series. I had seen both of the previous movies so was determined to see the latest when it was at the cinema. My overriding view of this film is that whilst it appears to have all of the ingredients to make the film successful, the same characters and, the witty lines and improved animation from it’s predecessors, there still seams to be something missing. At first I couldn’t put my finger on what this was, however having thought about it a bit more, I can only come up with one criticism; the plot doesn’t really progress that much from the second movie. This storyline is incredibly similar, and whilst it does have new cast additions and different aspects to it, there’s no doubt that it feels slightly déjà vu at times.

Despite this, I have to say I did really enjoy this film, we went to the cinema as a group of four and all of us came out with slightly different opinions. One said it was the best Shrek film so far, another that one was still her favourite, one that couldn’t choose and me who whilst I enjoyed it, I still prefer the second.

With regards to the design or technical part of the movie, the animation in this film is fantastic. Everything within it is has been made to look as realistic as possible, without actually breaking into photographic filming with special effects. Animated films have come a long way since the first Disney films and even since those techniques used in Wallace and Gromit. With this in mind, I can’t wait to see the results that this industry can generate in the next few years.

No comments: