Wednesday 12 September 2007

Orange TV Adverts







I have really mixed feelings about these Orange adverts. There are some things that I admire such as the fact that it has an amateur and slightly theatrical feel. I also like the fact that they have taken this through to the accompanying music so that it all fits in with the concept. On the other hand there is just something that doesn’t seam as dramatic as you would expect. The only thing I can put this down to is fact that, it doesn’t have as much impact as much as Orange’s preceding adverts. I know that this is an unusual standard to judge it from, but I can’t help but do so given the company’s track record. It is in a similar way to the Sony Bravia adverts, since the success of the first the second has so much more to live up to. The same is true here, I have included two of my favourite past Orange adverts bellow. It may just be me who thinks this but whilst the current campaign is good, it is not in the same class as the other two campaigns.



No comments: