Tuesday 28 August 2007

School Website Design


The image above was taken of my old infant school website, www.greenlane.leicester.sch.uk

I personally love it, and not just as it’s my former school, but because everything has been created in a fun way and with the children in mind. This is the element I like the most, it is not a clinical or generic website, it is one that is specific to the school and the children in it.

You can tell that it’s been created with the target audience in mind. This is shown in everything from the way of navigating, to the way that each section has been made to attractive for the children.

Yes there are elements that if it were my site I would change. However, overall I think that it is a fantastic site for it’s purpose which is to promote the school and create a fun way for the children to discover the internet.

On another note, some of the flash work that has been done by the original Webmaster is really clever. (My particular favourite is the ‘We are building a seaside’ shown in the photo above.)

2 comments:

ksw said...

Im not sure about this site- the only 'fun' element I can see from the picture is the balloons as a menu. Children are exposed to sophisticated design all the time- I think the designer could have done much more with this site while still making it child friendly. For example, the background is just plain colour- what about a scene, perhaps with movement in it?

That said, perhaps it's simplicity is part of it's appeal.

Anonymous said...

Informative post, thanks for telling us about “School Web Design”.are you find web design company for school website? let me help you.we at DataIT Solutions create attractive web design with fully functions. School Website Design |Education Website Design | Higher class website design