Sunday 12 August 2007

The need for good photography



As soon as I saw these photos, they reminded me of Martin Delin's post 'Photos to die for'.

Here he was basically questioning what it is that makes some photos so much more captivating than others? When I saw Mavis Ropers photos, it made me wonder this same thing. I would really love to be able to take photos like these, so often the photography used in Graphic Design can make the difference between people paying attention to and ignoring an idea. (look at the marks and spencer tv adverts and premium brand food packaging that both use delicious looking images to tempt customers.)

I guess a lot can be put down to the technical knowledge of the photographer such as the exposure and focus of both shots, but the rest has to be down to her tallent of capturing the moment and seeing the photo oportunity in the first place.

No comments: