Wednesday 10 October 2007

Sky Movies Advert,

I remember reading earlier this summer on someone's blog (I forget who) that the city of Sao Paulo in Brazil was going advertising free. I was really curious about the effect that this would have on the cityscape at the time, but shortly forgot about it and didn't look into it again until I came across this advert by Sky Movies.



I think its a great example of a company making the most of the surrounding area for their own purposes. I wonder how long it was before the advertising guys at sky realized that by filming a series of short clips in the already advertising free city they could use it to create a commercial that fitted in with what they wanted. On the other hand, one thing I did wonder was how the governors of Sao Paulo reacted when their efforts to remove all advertising, was used to create the exact thing they were trying to wipe out.

No comments: