Saturday 19 May 2007

Skoda Advert



I can't seam to find out who made this, if anyone has any idea please let me know. For some reason I really like this advert, its probably something to do with it reminding me of Hansel and Gretel and as someone before me said Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

The overriding impression you are meant to take from it is that Skoda has carefully thought of and crafted every part of the Fabia. Although this may seam very obvious it's the way they have done this, not only through the concept, but the way it was delivered that I found interesting. The skill that the chefs showed as they were handling the ingredients showed that they genuinely knew what they were doing. The close up shots on their hands and the way the camera moved with them made you feel almost like you were there.

In many ways this advert seams a little predictable, but having said this I can't think of any other advert that is too similar, especially not for a car. I imagine that this will be very successful in reaching an area of the market that the BMW type ads simply pass by.

6 comments:

James said...

Great advert. Dont think many guys will buy one though.

Claire said...

Valid point. Having said that I like the fact that they are trying to target a different audience to the norm for car adverts.

Holly Mee said...

cool ad, first saw it on your blog before the tv, but i like it, reminds me of Honda, going about selling your car in a different way. And slightly bizarrely like the new mondeo advert where it gets rid of the rubbish cars and leaves you with the 'ideal' car, no offence a mondeo is not the ideal car, not that skoda is but you know.

Heidi said...

I think it is interesting that when people talk about this advert they associate it with other big brands such as BMW and Honda. This shows that the advert has been successful in improving the Skoda brand's image.

Lauren Davis said...

Looking at the this advert for the first time, it made me think of the Honda adverts until the Skoda badge appeared on the front of the car...
Its an inspirational advert that is memorable and very clever, but will that make people start buying Skoda cars?

Anonymous said...

today was the first time i've seen this advert. is anyone going to buy a car made out of cake though? humm.